Posted by Inscriber in ,


--The Bookburning--
Bertolt Brecht

"When the regime ordered Books with dangerous knowledge To be burned in public and everywhere Oxen were forced to pull, carts with books to the bonfires, one of the persecuted poets discovered one of the best studying the list of the burned disconcerted, that his books were forgotten. He rushed to his desk, flying on wings of rage and wrote a letter to the authorities. Burn me! he wrote with a quick stroke Burn me! don't do this to me! Do not spare me! Have I not always reported the truth in my books? Yet now you treat me as were I a liar! I command you: Burn me! "

Send to: Balatarin :: Donbaleh :: Delicious :: Friendfeed :: Twitter :: Facebook :: Greader :: Addthis to other :: Subscribe to Feed

This entry was posted on ۱۸ اردیبهشت ۱۳۸۹ at شنبه, اردیبهشت ۱۸, ۱۳۸۹ and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 نظرات

ارسال یک نظر

ارسال یک نظر